They got the Lumina, pictures.....

stew

I know, will a factory CD player be a direct bolt-in for the base radio? I love the factory unit in my 96 Cappy and notice in the manual the Lumina uses the same one, but would the wiring be direct? You can see pictures on users.mikrotec.com/firebird, tons of pictures of all our previous vehicles and also on my old site, gowron.tripod.com Dakota just got back from a nice engine rebuild :D :D :D Still going through break-in though, but......

Brian

The 95-01 Luminas have the same stereo harness connector as virtually all GM's from 89-95. I do believe the Caprice's CD stereo has the same mounting brackets on it as the Lumina's stereo, so I'm almost positive it would be a direct replacement. Piece of advice, removing the dash bezel is fairly straightforward, but getting it back on (around the steering column) is a pain in the ass. It helps to loosen the 2 steering column mounting bolts about 1/2 an inch to lower the column and make it a little easier to reinstall the dash bezel...

Hrmmm....lemme guess a 95 or 96 Lumina, correct?

Not a bad looker, that silverish color has come presence.

Definately need to upgrade the stereo man, I can't believe it didn't even come with a tape deck...that musta been the base base option for the stereo.

The 95-01 Luminas have the same stereo harness connector as virtually all GM's from 89-95. I do believe the Caprice's CD stereo has the same mounting brackets on it as the Lumina's stereo, so I'm almost positive it would be a direct replacement. Piece of advice, removing the dash bezel is fairly straightforward, but getting it back on (around the steering column) is a pain in the ass. It helps to loosen the 2 steering column mounting bolts about 1/2 an inch to lower the column and make it a little easier to reinstall the dash bezel...

Wouldnt a 95 Z34's CD Player fit right in there with no problem as well ?

Wouldnt a 95 Z34's CD Player fit right in there with no problem as well ?
Yep, sure will. If it has side brackets like these radios, then it will bolt right in:

1e_3.JPG

f8_1.JPG

almost any gm HU will bolt in, you may have to change the mounting brackets but as long as both cars have the 21 pin connector your set, and both that your talking about should

time to option that car out, the deluxe gauge package, mabie a z34/LTZ/9c3 dual exhaust setup, power windows / locks if its got it, if console shift was avaliable.... aaah i'm outa control :lol: :lol:

time to option that car out, the deluxe gauge package, mabie a z34/LTZ/9c3 dual exhaust setup, power windows / locks if its got it, if console shift was avaliable.... aaah i'm outa control :lol: :lol:
Given how many Luminas are on the market, their purchase prices are very cheap. In my view, if you want a spec'd out Loomie, then just buy a fully loaded LTZ cause it'll cost you less in the long run...