9005 to 9006 Conversion

Mike

Hey guys,

Just stumbled across this link http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/More_light.htm and was wondering if anybody has tried this in a our cars. I was thinking of doing this conversion as the headlights in my 89 Cutlass Supreme don't seem that bright. Any thoughts or recomendations on this coversion would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

89 Cutlass Supreme Int'l

I kind of did it to mine...

When I put the 2 DR front end on my 4 DR I wasn't about to waste the $$ I had spent a month before on CB Sylvania's. I would recommend if you do the swap, go to the junkyard and find a LE and pull the metal retaining frame on the backs of the headlights off. They are just glued to the plastic. Then get some sealant/glue and attach the metal on the glass bulbs. Let them dry overnight at the minimum. It's much easier then glueing the bulbs every time they burn out. (you have to glue the metal thing on the backs while the light assembly is together. The holes in the back of the brackets is not big enough for the bracket to fit thru after it's glued, and when you glue it pay attention to which direction your bulb will have the wire harness clip facing)

I can't really say anything about how bright they are compared to the regular ones, since the quads weren't on my car before the conversion.