Stock exhaust system question

Robby1870

On my 92 I had a custom exhaust (y-pipe, dual mufflers, tips, no cat, etc) to replace the stock single outlet system. My STE has factory "dual exhaust". What I want to do is pull the whole system from the 92 (downpipe and all) and put it on the STE. I know the downpipe will bolt up no problem, but what Im not sure on is location of factory hangers. Where hangers for a single outlet car the same as the ones from a dual car (since the only difference in the two systems is after the car, near the leaf where it splits)? And, has any one done something like this? I'd like to do this all tomorrow. I dont have lift or anything, just jacks and stands. Any tips, info, insight is appreciated

I don't know if the hanger locations are the same or not. I'd say use the ones from the STE. If you have to, go to pep boys or the like and get brackets. I think they sell brackets that clamp on. That way you can put them wherever you want.

the hangers for the right side muffler, pipe between the catalyst and Y pipe are exactly the same, so you at least have that part covered. The left side muffler hanger (next to the tailpipe) is a mirror of the right. Then there's some W-s that have a support hanger that bolts to one of the inner leaf spring brackets....right next to the Y. So basically support the left side just behind the left muffler and you're good to go. The aftermarket rubber hangers that look similar to a normal exhaust clamp work very good. Film @ 11.