Lumina DIC Wiring Question

GOT2B GM

Hi Im currently installing a 88/93 GP DIC in my 93 Lumina Z34. I have a couple of wires that I have to tap into that I cant find:

The DARK GREEN wire in the dash. This is the Vehicle Speed Input.

and

The PURPLE wire in the dash. This is the vehicle Fuel sender wire.

I know a couple of guys here have put DIC's in their Luminas, and if you could tell me exactly where I could find these wires, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot

***UPDATE***

I hooked the wires into the harness behind the gauge cluster. The INST ECON seems to be working ok, but the AVER SPEED only reads like 5 MPH when Im actually going like 55. This affects my AVER ECON which reads like 5 MPG :? I tied the green speed sensor wire into the green speedo wire behind the cluster and the purple fuel sender wire into the purple gas gauge wire behind the cluster. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

PM Dave (Gearhead 43..) Hes the GP know-it-all and give BaddFlash a PM as well.. He put one in his Lumina, and is pretty knowledgable.. Hope ya get it figured out!

Thanks Steve

I actually figured it out on my own. The problem was that I never reset the average speed and average econony functions after I hooked them up. :oops: I was driving around all yesterday with the DIC on but those wires not hooked up, so that made my averages really low. Oh well, at least it was a simple solution. :lol: Now I have all the functions of the DIC working (except the crazy STE specific stuff) :D

Theres one at my local yard that has the whole harness intact in 2dr GP. But you cant use the whole harness as a plug and play unit in a Lumina, can you? I cut the harness on my DIC and manually ran all of the wires which really isnt that hard once you find all the wires.

Well, I was told by the GP god (Gearhead) that it was best to grab the whole thing, but if its easier for you to get enough for me to run my own wires, so be it.. Just be ready top be added to the ol MSN list for pointers on wiring it into a Lumina! lol

I wont be able to make it to the wreckers til next weekend though. The problem is, even if you got the full harness, you still have to run your own wires because the C200 connector in the lumina doesn't provide the provisions for a DIC. I guess this is because they were never offered in a Lumina. I read some of Baddflash's posts and he ran into the same problem, so he manually wired everything as well. Did Gearhead43 know that you're putting it into a Lumina?

Everyone here knows I am working on a Lumina at this point, lol.. Some more than others.. But he knew I was putting in the Lumina.. If I have to run my own wires, so be it.. I just need to get this beast OFF my desk and IN my car.. lol

• 3 weeks later...

No the entire DIC harness will not work in a lumina you have to wire it into sources from all over the car. Cheap ass chevy couldn't use the same harness as the gp's and cuttys cause they could save a few bucks. It sucks but it's not all that hard.

here's how i did it;

DIC PIN - SOURCE - USE

A1 - ORG, CIG LIGHTER ,CONSTANT 12V

A2 - PNK, WIRE IN COLUMN, ING. 12V

A6 - DK. GRN, D13 OF BASE D5 OF UB3 ,SPEEDO

A7 - ORG, WIRE IN ALDL CONNECTOR, DATA

B3 - GRY, CIG LIGHTER, DIMMER

B6 - PPL, C13 OF BASE C5 OF UB3, FUEL IND.

B8 - BLK, CIG LIGHTER, GROUND

I have a spare harness pigtail if you need one, i bought a complete harness after i got the pigtail only because gearhead insisted that was the way to do it and wouldn't help with splicing it in. Wish i had known it wouldn't work cause it would have saved a lot of time a gas trying to find a complete 2dr harness.

Ok, I finally got a DIC and harness too. The thing is, theres like 11 wires coming out of it, instead of the 6 or 7 listed above. What do I do with them?? Also, how can i tell which is the A side and which is the B side of the connnector?

Really little letters up on top in the corners of the rows.. But rule of thumb: The side that has the clip comes first in the Alphabet.. For example, UB3 pigtails.. C is on the side w/ the clip.. D is under neath.. The DIC you got prolly came from a car w/ a systems monitor and all the setups for it.. Ignore them, and use the ones you need for the Lumina.. Pics Chris? lol

Ok, thanks to stevesaphsyco, i got the harness pretty much figured out. Now my next question is what do i do with the other 4 wires i'm not using?? Cut them off, pull them out of the plug??

Glad to hear the harness is worth something, lol.

I got's a question for you. It was getting dark out when I started at mine, but i got a few of the wires hooked up(power and ground ).

Anyways, am I gonna have to pull the cluster out to put in the Fuel Ind. and Speedo wires? Also, the pink wire in the column. It says in the column, but where in the column, because I see a couple of pink wires in the column(I'm half color blind, good thing for wiring!!). And the last question. The orange wire in the ALDL connector. Which side of the connector is the orange wire on?

Thanks.