Lumina APV compatibilty

Jacque8080

I know for a FACT that the donut tire and battery are the same...

Thats about it as far as I know. We have a '95 Lumina Van (hey, same year as my GP!) and FWIW the steering wheel is different (although my GP has radio buttons, so I dunno).

Those vans have a 3.1 iron block/iron head TBI (throttle body injection) engine which is different than a w-body 3.1.. I think some got the 3800 but I'm not sure..:think:

They are slow but damn well last forever.. my dad drives it, doesn't change oil and stuff when he should, hauls shit around (he really needs a trunk..lol) and it still drives like new. I do however, HATE the interiors in them. They do look "cool", but the seats are terrible..

If you find one cheap enough and you like it I'd say go for it..

Well the front brakes were lifted off the H-body platform, I can tell you that much. Oh, and the "newer" dustbuster vans' headlights were lifted directly from the 92-95 Bonneville...

Some of them had 3.8 in them as well. My sister had a 91 silhouette with a 3.8. Ridding in those damn things makes me car sick as hell. They would make a sweet truck though....

luminaapv_truck.jpg

Some of them had 3.8 in them as well. My sister had a 91 silhouette with a 3.8. Ridding in those damn things makes me car sick as hell. They would make a sweet truck though....

luminaapv_truck.jpg

AAAAAAAAAH! It's "El Lumino!" :shock: I think the original El Lumino was made out of a Trans Sport, though...

luminaapv_truck.jpg

It does look like a new El Camino :lol: god i hate that nasty ass Lumina APV.

the steering wheel, while similar, isnt even the same as the lumina cars.

the lumina van and cutlass 88-93/4? used the same heater controls.

I think you mean Grand Prix?

I believe the van's chassis looks more like the A body than the W-body. Supposedly the U and A platform have the same struts and springs and hardware in the rear. Unsure about the front.

i was gonna do mine flat black and throw the chrome 16" 5 spokes on it, i already had put in the tinted glass, and then decided it was a peice of shit and put it out front for sale.

The front suspension is the same as my 88 cutlass. I should know because thats where I got a whole front strut from for $50 from the crenellated nut up to the top to the assembly.

I guess for a van that's "pimp", but I don't really consider vans to be able to be in the pimp category.

van's can totally be pimp...so much room to do so many things....

The front suspension is the same as my 88 cutlass. I should know because thats where I got a whole front strut from for $50 from the crenellated nut up to the top to the assembly.

riight.

Guest Anonymous

someone at a church near me has a trans port on rims, its tinted, is dark green with a gold bottom and looks "pimp"

any word on transport/gp dash similarities? dont they have pods and such?

riight.

and?

i rember reading about the possablilty for a U van engine cradle being able to possably bolt into an abody for simpler engine swaps...