damn keys!

THe_DeTAiL3R

Did any other GM car get those huge keys? I can always tell if someone has a W-body by looking at their keyring. :lol:

My 91 Cavy had that huge key. I hated that damn thing.

I know a regular GM key won't work. I had an extra set of keys made for my Regal a couple of years ago at a hardware store. The guy didn't see the Big w-body keys, so he cut me a regular GM key. I put the new key in the ignition and if I pushed in really hard the door chime would sound but it wouldn't turn. When I went back in I looked at the key rack and found the W-body key.

I know a regular GM key won't work. I had an extra set of keys made for my Regal a couple of years ago at a hardware store. The guy didn't see the Big w-body keys, so he cut me a regular GM key. I put the new key in the ignition and if I pushed in really hard the door chime would sound but it wouldn't turn. When I went back in I looked at the key rack and found the W-body key.

my old 91 had a small spare ign. key instead of the huge one, so you could hide it away easily, i guess...but its not that it didn't work, its just that it had to be positioned PERFECTLY centered in order to turn...so it was really hard to get it just right. As for the PASSKEY bypass, most L67 swappers do it when they get their new engines because it makes it easier than having to get the right keys cut the right way...its available on L67swap.com...really simple....measure resistance across the chip in your key, and then buy a similar resistor and splice it into a specific wire under your dash.

YK