204000 miles too many on 97 Monte Carlo?

stew

Features? If I wanted features I woulda got that Caddilac I looked at a million years before my Cutlass. If I wanted reliability, I would of got the Cutlass, which I did. And.. Thats all I can come up with.

I would never buy any car (especially one with a 3100 in it) other then a newer diesel truck that have more then 140k on it. you get more then that and you WILL have to repair things. If it is cheap it would make me think it needs work done to it for some thing. cars can last well past 200k miles if you take care of them but you never know what the people before you did to them.

i bought my car with 198,000 miles on it...

i now have 231,000 miles on it :twisted:

guess what...nothing wrong, just basic maitnence.

Holy hell thats a lot!! I would be looking into picking up another 3.4 damn soon!!

Well, they weren't really willing to deal to a decent price, so it looks like a no go, BUT found a 2 owner 96 lumina, stripped (even just has the AM/FM radio, not even a cassette player!), 110k miles, perfect shape, new tires, 2400 out the door, I think they'll probably get it.

Thanks, Brian

FWIW: you could get a pretty damn decent Z-34 Lumina for that price.....