Keyless Entry

LarryMartin830

Guest TurboSedan

are you sure it didn't come with it? it seems like most of them did, even my base Cutlass sedan did. i had no idea it had keyless entry until i looked at the Service Parts Identification sticker in the trunk - look for RPO option code 'AUO'.

if it doesn't have the keyless entry option, it would probably be quite a job wiring all of it in.

There is a single wire by the antenna (take the carpet off) the wire would just be dangling there. If you push the connector against a ground (like the screw) the doors will lock and unlock... which means you have keyless entry. Grounding the connector and pressing a button on the remote(s) programs the remote(s).

Remotes also known as FOBs... someone please tell me what FOB stands for!

Guest TurboSedan
is that the little sticker? because the other one is about tires

it's the sticker in the trunk, about 4" x 6" or so. it should be on the spare tire cover. it says "Service Parts Identification" on the top and has a bunch of alpha-numeric 3-digit codes on it. the VIN will be on it, as well as the paint codes.

There is a single wire by the antenna (take the carpet off) the wire would just be dangling there. If you push the connector against a ground (like the screw) the doors will lock and unlock... which means you have keyless entry. Grounding the connector and pressing a button on the remote(s) programs the remote(s).

Remotes also known as FOBs... someone please tell me what FOB stands for!

Fucking Obsolete Batteries.

lol I dunno. I do hate those batteries though.