SCREW MY DOOR, SCREW MY DOOR, SCREW MY DOOR

digitaloutsider

FUCK IT UP THE ASS! I'm tired of my fucking driver door. It's a piece of shit that REFUSES TO OPEN. I don't know how many hours I've spent fucking with the goddamn linkages. Does ANYONE have any better of an idea besides saw-zalling the fucker off? Any help will be appreciated.

That's not the problem. I can't open the door AT ALL. The handle wouldn't fix anything.

Well, I meant the actual door itself, not just the handle. But if you can't get the door open whatsoever, it sounds like you're gonna have to find some way to jimmy it from the inside.

Is there any way you could go to the junkyard and look at a known good set of linkages, or look to see how the door unlatches and try to do the same thing to yours?

What I'd say happened is after getting in so many times the rod bushings(if there are some) or the connection point on the handle and the latch itself have gotten so worn that there isn't enough travel to open the latch.

I'd rip the door panel off so you can get in there and get hold of the release on the latch to open your door. From there I would try to inspect the linkages/connections without ripping it apart, try to feel which part has the play and remove and replace it as necessary.

Hope this is of some help.

Guest Anonymous

well I had this problem once before, actually. I *think* that maybe the doorlock mechanism is stuck in the lock position even if your door handle says otherwise.

well I had this problem once before, actually. I *think* that maybe the doorlock mechanism is stuck in the lock position even if your door handle says otherwise.

HAH! wouldnt that be something! get all pissed off at the door to only find out that its locked! LOL!

dukes1.jpg

The Duke boys told me to tell you to paint an 01 on the side, grow a pair, and use the window.

ROTFLMAO.....

He has actually done that a few times.. LOL .. BTW He can't grow the pair cuz he keeps USING it too MUCH...Doesn't give em a chance to GROW first... :lol:

dukes1.jpg

The Duke boys told me to tell you to paint an 01 on the side, grow a pair, and use the window.

Holy fucking shit that thats funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Go to your nearest fire station and have them take the jaws of life to it.

You might be able to take a screwdriver and pop the latch from the inside if you slide it between the door and the pillar. I've done a couple of times. It takes some patience though.

Or slide a sawzaw blade into the that area and cut through the striker post

You might be able to take a screwdriver and pop the latch from the inside if you slide it between the door and the pillar. I've done a couple of times. It takes some patience though.

Best idea I've heard so far.

Thanks for the idea. Tomorrow me and a friend have to move his damn rusty G-body Cutlass. But both doors are stuck shut, the only way in is through the window some kids broke. A sawzaw blade sounds like a good idea since you can only get the panel off with the door open. Hell the doors are so rusted the bottom of the panels wave back and forth, we could probably just peel the skins off.