Cleaning teh hUD

Guest Anonymous

From my '92 Grand Prix Owner's Manual:

To Clean the HUD:

Spray household glass cleaner on a soft, clean cloth. Wipe the HUD lens gently, then dry it. Do not spray cleaner directly on the lens, because the cleaner fluid could leak inside the unit if you do.

Guest Anonymous

Maybe you didnt get the memo. the mirror is dusty. The clear lens is fine. I cleaned my 95' HUD's mirror twice and its fine. So I am going to send you that memo again, i need to clean the mirror inside becuase its dusty, how do i take apart the outer housing?

Thanks a billion.

mabie you didn't get the memo office space jokes are getting OLD

seriouly leave it alone i doubt it makes a difference in how it displays.

Maybe you didnt get the memo. the mirror is dusty

maybe you didn't get the memo about how much of an a$$clown that you are. worring about stupid little $hit like your HUD when both of your pieces of $hit have much bigger issues is like wiping before you take a $hit. Get your priorities straight and actually get one of the piles running reliably before you start jumping all over someone that is trying to help you answer your question.....or better yet.....

........if you can't figure out how to take apart/clean a fucking hud, sell both of your cars now......give them to someone that knows something about a car. I am suprised that you know how to take your "petty special edition intercooled twin turbo gas cap"off to put gas in it......then again maybe you haven't had to do that yet because the piece of shit never runs...

Guest Anonymous

mmmm yeah the 92 does run, i drove it today, and the 95 runs fine minus a high idle, id hardly consider them pieces of shit you fucking asshole. what the hell are you driving? a fucking coupe de ville?

mmmm yeah the 92 does run, i drove it today, and the 95 runs fine minus a high idle, id hardly consider them pieces of shit you fucking asshole. what the hell are you driving? a fucking coupe de ville?

I see what I was saying before about sarcasm and anger (in the political thread) hasn't taken. Granted, jeremy's (somewhat accurate) rant was pretty insulting, but Christ, grow a skin and learn how to argue on the internet.

Hey now guys, cool it the fuck off. We don't need this ignorant shit. Joking around and ribbing each other is one thing, but damn.

My guess would be to take it out of the car, look at it, and see if you can get it apart to clean it. if not, then put it back in and drive it. Enjoy it for what it is.

BTW, what exactly would be wrong with a coupe deville?

It's pretty self explanitory if you have the hud out of the car. There should be maybe 4 bolts on the bottom that take the cover off. This should give access to the mirror.

Hey now guys, cool it the fuck off. We don't need this ignorant shit. Joking around and ribbing each other is one thing, but damn.

My guess would be to take it out of the car, look at it, and see if you can get it apart to clean it. if not, then put it back in and drive it. Enjoy it for what it is.

BTW, what exactly would be wrong with a coupe deville?

Coupe DeVille's kick ass. My dad had a black '82, it was a boat. I loved the trunk, just push it down and the thing would pull the decklid down.

Guest Anonymous

Nothings worng with the coupe deville. I think they are decent cars, but i was using it as an example becuase jeremy was acting like he drives gold on wheels and my vehicles are rust buckets.

Anyyway, I dont have the HUD unti in front of me, thats why I was asking for the next time I go to the car, i'll have an idea what to do. But i spoke to digital and he says they are fragile (the older ones) and its best to leave it alone since the image is still alright. Im going tomorrow to buy a haynes manual I saw.

Im going tomorrow to buy a haynes manual I saw.

special_ed_a3.jpgI'm getting a Hayne's manual, YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry dude, didn't mean to sound like an asshole, but that's what I thought of when you mentioned getting the Hayne's.

Didn't I suggest that to you a couple of months back?

I got 2 words for you, my man: Haynes Manual!

I suggest reading that sucker cover to cover! Okay, not really, but you'd have a better understanding of your car's mechanicals if you glossed over the parts that do pertain to your car(s.)

I suggest reading that sucker cover to cover! Okay, not really, but you'd have a better understanding of your car's mechanicals if you glossed over the parts that do pertain to your car(s.)

I read it when I sit on the shitter.

I read it when I sit on the shitter.

:werd: I actually bought a tranny repair manual that I regularly read while making a deposit to the porcelain bank.

How grotesque. Is the haynes just engine repair or everything?

Haynes is engine repair, general overhaul procedures, and wiring diagrams. Definitely nice to have, but not as detailed as the official GM service manuals. Doesn't cover transmissions beyond basic service.

How grotesque. Is the haynes just engine repair or everything?

Haynes is engine repair, general overhaul procedures, and wiring diagrams. Definitely nice to have, but not as detailed as the official GM service manuals. Doesn't cover transmissions beyond basic service.

Hell they don't even have anything in them about the TCC.

My review of the Haynes Manual: Get it for basic repairs. If you want to know more about anything, or want a good description or a good how to, get the GM repair manual.

Alright Ross,

Listen,

Forget the Crappy Hayne shit and get you a REAL GM SERVICE MANUAL.

Second, the HUD,

Take the HUD unit off the dash like a told you the other night. the top half should silde out towards you after removing the 2 7 mm screws hold it to the HUD TRAY. (See My website for PICS)

Turn the HUD unit over, you'll see 4 star screws. take them out and the cover comes off.

Clean the mirror with a HIGH Ammonina based Window cleaner. GET all the streaks off!!! . Reassemble the HUD unit and reattach to the dash.

I done 6 HUD Units already. Gets easy when you've done that many!!! LOL

:lol:

Forget the Crappy Hayne shit and get you a REAL GM SERVICE MANUAL.
I would second that, except for the fact that he's obviously a novice when it comes to wrenching on autos. The Hayne's manual is like a set of "training wheels" cause it's worded in such a way that a novice can do his/her own repairs. The FSM's are generally vauge and if you're not that mechanically inclined, it's like they're written in a foreign language.

My verdict: get both. That way, you can use the Hayne's to explain everything to you in layman's terms, and use the FSM for the stuff the Hayne's doesn't cover (maybe ask someone to be an "interpreter" so you can understand the "foreign language.")