These Mini-Quad headlights......

luminator94

SUCK! Low-beam is horrible, and they are adjusted correctly. I would be better off strapping two Mag-lights to the hood of my car! Does anyone know of a "brighter" mini-quad lamp other then Sylvania?? Its almost scary to drive with just the low-beams on, and the fog-lights aren't much help either.

Aaron

Sylvania Silverstars.. I'm in the process of putting them in my lamps..

http://www.lukez34.com/misc/silverstars/

Got the idea from the guys off of clubgp's 88-96 section. I'd be finished with them too had advance not ran out of the low beam bulbs (9006's). I bought the 9005's first thinking they were the low beams, and they were actually the high's.. lol

That's a good idea Luke. Maybe when I have some time over the holiday's I'll tinker with them and see what I can do. Yeah, I've never had headlights this bad before, but with the high-beams on, they put out acceptable brightness and range. But with winter being here, I have to wipe them off ever 2 mins because it don't take much to get them dirty and just makes what visibility I have on low-beam even worse, lol. Thanks for the idea!

Aaron

When i had my 94 CS and i hated my lights and then i replace them with Philips halogens and they were so bright and even better then my brights. So i would advice to get a Philips halogen replacement lights.

I bought the 9005's first thinking they were the low beams, and they were actually the high's.. lol

is there any alternatives for the 9005 highs.... like 80 or 100 watt bulbs? i'd like some brighter brights. :)

I haven't found any.. but then again I've only looked around at advance.

I should have the lights done today, and I'll get some more pictures online for you guys to see.

Well.. My eyes must say that the silverstars are a definate improvement over just standard headlights. Their a bit brighter, and the shade of color is much lighter than a standard halogen bulb. There is an improvement while using the brights as well. I'll post pictures when I get back in town on wednesday, no time right now, and it's too damn cold.

Now I just need to find someway to upgrade these weak ass fog lights.. anyone know or have any ideas? I'd like to keep the stock lenses, and upgrade the bulbs, but I'm not sure what's available.

Well.. My eyes must say that the silverstars are a definate improvement over just standard headlights. Their a bit brighter, and the shade of color is much lighter than a standard halogen bulb. There is an improvement while using the brights as well. I'll post pictures when I get back in town on wednesday, no time right now, and it's too damn cold.

Now I just need to find someway to upgrade these weak ass fog lights.. anyone know or have any ideas? I'd like to keep the stock lenses, and upgrade the bulbs, but I'm not sure what's available.

So was it worth doing the switch to the Silverstars? If you think it is, I think I might give it a try while I'm off for the holidays. I don't have to go back to work til the 6th! woo hoo! I was wondering if you had to re-adjust the beams after you did that?? I would think so, let me know! Thanks.

Aaron

As for the Fog lights... When I had my 93 cutty, I put Hella FF75's in place. Someone has already torn out the old ones, and put some crap in there. I used them as driving lights as they were brighter then my low beams. As soon as I find them here in RI, I will put them in my convertible.