calibrating speedo?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well i finally made good progress. The new cluster is in. All 4 of the little gauges work fine, but im having troible with the rpms' and the speedo. It seems the needle needs to be on a certain way... i had them on right once and then accidentally knocked them out of line.

Is there a method to getting the needles on right? The tach one keeps going up to 3k and the speedo one is well, wierd.

Guest Anonymous

becuase i like to make myself imagine i have a TGP. It actually looks nice in there, if you could block out the dissasblmed dash.

If there was a TGP near me i would have gotten one instead, but such is not the case.

so you can feel like you have a tgp :lol:

reminds me of the ricers that take a civic DX and slap EX badges on it, not that your cars low end, but it ain't no TGP

Guest Anonymous
s, not that your cars low end, but it ain't no TGP

I'd hope not. Its "got all the bells and whistles" (excepy the updated seat package)

and a formerly good 3.4. one day, when Im ready, the car will be fully TGP-ified. For now its a project-to-become-daily-driver until i can really splurge on an mclaren engine.

Guest Anonymous

I wanted the face in the worst way. It looks awesome. So if I wanted I could put the face back on the original TGP cluster, and it would be alright. I thought a face swap would be easy, thats why I did it. If I knew it would be this involved, I wouldn't have. But im too far in to give up.

I wanted the face in the worst way. It looks awesome. So if I wanted I could put the face back on the original TGP cluster, and it would be alright. I thought a face swap would be easy, thats why I did it. If I knew it would be this involved, I wouldn't have. But im too far in to give up.

What's the big deal? It says "Intercooled Turbo", has stupid colors that don't even match on the boost guage, and it says "PREMIUM Unleaded Fuel Only". Holy shit!

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I guess you didnt get the memo yet. So Im gonna go a head and send you a copy of that, mkay? And your going to need to go ahead and watch your TPS reports, mkay?

Yeah, I guess you didnt get the memo yet. So Im gonna go a head and send you a copy of that, mkay? And your going to need to go ahead and watch your TPS reports, mkay?

As they say, small minds are easily amused.

Personally I have to agree with what others have said. You're all proud of owning this "petty edition GP" but you're spending your time mutilating things that were working perfectly fine when you can't even drive the thing, but you apparently do which is great for ensuring the engine is completly fucked.

I don't know man but if I were you I'd concentrate on fixing whats broke not breaking whats not. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" Words to live by my friend, makes life so much simpler and less stressful.

Good luck on getting that working right again, you had it right before so I'm sure you'll get it again.

Guest Anonymous

well a ctually the check gauges is broken, and i originally wanted to fix that but the project went overboard.

The engine is anyone's guess. It ran fine today. Yesterday it wouldnt start and when it did it ran like crap. who knows.