TOWING with 2 donut tires question ... Tomorrow!!!

THe_DeTAiL3R

Alrighty... my friend is had 2 of my crosslace wheels that he has yet to polish, therefore I have 2 crosslace and 2 donut tires.

Tomorrow the car (the 95) is going to the garage to get the brakes and some stuff done.

The car is not safetied therefore the insurance woun't let us drive it (not even temporary plates) they say we HAVE to tow it. :cuss:

Also, my driver's power window doesn't open which would be a factor (I remember them towing having the seatbelt wrapped around the steering wheel..

SOOO... what tires should go where? Currently I have the donut tires in the rear, but I'm thinking it should be towed with the back on the road so I should probably put the donuts in the front.

Its being towed TOMORROW so any advice asap would be appreciated!

Any suggestions????

umm... if you're not going to flatbed it, don't tow it. not like that (least I wouldn't.. just sounds really sketchy). just throw the donuts on the rear, throw the '88s plates on it, and take it nice and slow.

or just throw the '88s tires on it too, if the rims fit over the brakes.

If you're towing it with the front wheels raised, then put the donuts on the front. If you're having it towed with all four on the ground, then leave the donuts on the back.

Putting the plates from your old car on your new car is risky, yes, but as long as you aren't doing anything to draw attention to yourself you should be okay to drive it that way. Just pray a cop doesn't follow you and run your plates just for the hell of it :D ...

If you're towing it with the front wheels raised, then put the donuts on the front. If you're having it towed with all four on the ground, then leave the donuts on the back.

Putting the plates from your old car on your new car is risky, yes, but as long as you aren't doing anything to draw attention to yourself you should be okay to drive it that way. Just pray a cop doesn't follow you and run your plates just for the hell of it :D ...

I drove this car from north of Detroit, MI clear down to the Dayton, OH area on my totalled GP plates. Also, in OH we have to have both front and back plates. All i had on at the time was a rear plate too :shock:

i drove my old truck for 3 months with my caprice's plates on it, then after that i changed out the bumpers and got new plates for the truck, but wound up having different plates front and rear cause i never bothered changing the plate off the front bumper from the other truck. the crap we get away with here is pretty crazy, the cops have better things to do than drive around and run plates.

The fuckin cops in the tiny suburb I live in have absolutely nothing better to do than tail you long enough to run your plates. The very day I bought my Regal, I had a temporary tag on it cause the car was from Illinois. I get about 1/2 a mile from home and a cop turns onto the street right behind me and immediately pulls me over. I asked him flat out if he stopped me because I had no plates, but he lied and said it was cause I had my parking permit (for my job) hanging from the rearview mirror. As if he could spot that that quick. After getting my plates, I've been tailed several times in town and they only tail me long enough to run my plates, then turn off (and I still have my parking permit hanging from the rearview.) I never get tailed in any other city, BTW...

Guest TurboSedan

i deliver pizza with no insurance. for awhile there i even had expired tags.

i have no plans to get car insurance anytime soon either, i have better things to spend my money on :)

brakes are about the easiest thing you can do on these cars!

agreed, with the exception of getting the rear caliper slider's bushings in.

god damn those things, they take forever.

get one in, the other one pop's out

its a cycle that doesn't stop :lol:

brakes are about the easiest thing you can do on these cars!

Werd. I'll have the front pads and rotors done for you in 40 minutes, top!!! Thats only if the damn bolts aren't frozen in place, then i can do it(all with a floorjack) in 25 minutes.

i have no plans to get car insurance anytime soon either, i have better things to spend my money on Smile

I feel sorry for the person who gets into an accident with you. Thankfully in some states its the law to be insured. nothing is worse then some person hitting you who is dirt poor and has no insurance.

I drove 500 miles on the way back from NE with the Cutlass without any plates and I didn't have a single problem. :D I would just throw the 88 plates on like others have suggested.

Okay most of you are being of no help to my question.. HIJACKERS!! :roll:

Why I'm not doing the brakes myself?

My dad's friend is a mechanic and he charged only $20 to do the front brakes on the van.. so for the time it takes me to do them he can do it faster and is MUCH cheaper than any old mechanic.. he also doesn't mark up HIS price on parts, so they're cheap. He is also doing some other stuff like my driver's side window, signal switch (it's just too much work DiscoStudd!) and a few other minor things. I just want it DONE and safetied.

I know how to do brakes (front anyways) so if I wanted to I would have done it myself, but for the price he charges its simply not worth my time.

Secondly, as much as I hate to say this, my mom woun't let me just switch the plates and drive illegally :oops: . As much as I'd like to just do that myself.. unfortunatly I still live at home and have to go by their stupid rules.

:cuss: PLUS my car is bright red, which out of all the colors would get the cops attention.

So it seems that the only answer I've got is this:

Looks like I'll be rotating my tires tomorrow.

i deliver pizza with no insurance. for awhile there i even had expired tags.

i have no plans to get car insurance anytime soon either, i have better things to spend my money on :)

That's plain stupid to not have insurance. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise because your obviously an idiot and your probably going to cause an accident.

I drove for like a month without insurance like a grandma, wasn't happy about it either. I drove the TGP home over state lines with no registation/insurances, lol I raced an MR2 on the highway without insurance 2, not smart but I just wanted 2 take it for a spin and he was talking shit.

If u get into an accident without insurance here, goodbye liscense, car, and $800.

Call AAA and let them tow it

One last thing.. even though it sucks that I have to get it TOWED (car runs perfectly fine) we have a AAA type thing from Canadian Tire and they will tow the car for FREE.

Guest TurboSedan

That's plain stupid to not have insurance. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise because your obviously an idiot and your probably going to cause an accident.

yes, obviously. i've only been delivering pizza for 5 years (oh yes i'm a loser), and i'm 27. only 1 ticket EVER. but i know where you're coming from....if i see you coming down the road i'll aim for you and prove you're right :)

but seriously, i'll be getting insurance soon. i've only been without insurance for like 3 weeks.