possible project car

97luminals

my bad 5t60e tranny....whats wrong with having a fookin l67 personally i think its better than 3.4 dohc, thast juss my opinion u dunt have to agree with it

There is no 5T60E - he was giving you a hard time. The five speed manual transmission is called (with a 2.8 or 3.1) the Getrag 282, or (with a 3.4 DOHC) a Getrag 284.

doing the swap will be fun ... there are plenty of people whom have done it over at l67swap.com.

just relise tho ... the 5 speeds for our FWD won't hold up to constant abuse so ...

if your just looking into it for just the enjoyment of having 5 speeds then ... ok

but if you're doing it just cause it'll make your time better then why not seriously look into an automatic with a LSD setup ...

not only that engine swaps are fun and easy if you're mechanically inclined, or at least haven't the fear of opening a can of whoopas...

:-)

buy a fiero homey ... trust me ...

1.9 rockers, 3.0 pulley, intercooler, true CAI and custom tuned computer will get you into low 12's ...

it'll take a helluva lot more to get a z34 into that ... and by the time you hit that I doubt the 282 or 284 would even hold up to the weight of the car and the power that the motor is torque'n out.

You should be able to make a 282 take the power......its not that weak of a transmission....there are rebuild kits out there.....and you can cyro-treat things very cheaply.