Diff. between 94/96 - 97+ Clusters

supreme_style21

I cannot see an immediate physical difference between the two. Are the connectors the same?

ce_1.JPG

cf_1.JPG

Let me guess, top is '97+ and bottom is 94-96. The oil and temp. gauges are switched, first of all. Don't know about the connectors.

I think the whole dash on the 97-03's are larger than the 94-96's, therefore the cluster (im sure) is a tad bit bigger. If it even fit, then you could always modify your harness to plug up to the newer cluster. Pinouts will most likely be in different locations, but it should wire up fine...

I think the whole dash on the 97-03's are larger than the 94-96's, therefore the cluster (im sure) is a tad bit bigger. If it even fit, then you could always modify your harness to plug up to the newer cluster. Pinouts will most likely be in different locations, but it should wire up fine...

but why would you go through all that work for a cluster that is so similar in appearance....

The oil and temp. gauges are switched, first of all.

Oil gauge? All I see is fuel and temp. But yes, they are switched.

Well I'll be damned. LOL. My bad.

Reminds me of why I don't want a 94+ Prix. I like seeing my oil pressure, and I don't like aftermarket gauges.

but why would you go through all that work for a cluster that is so similar in appearance....
My guess is so he can have the LED gear indicator, which the 94-96's don't have...