Dash lights!

supreme_style21

dash.JPG

This is getting tired to look at. The light went out behind the gas gauge. I used to be able to smack the top of the dash and it'd flicker on, but now its out for good.

Books say its a 194 bulb. I doubt that. Am I correct to assume its one of those special bulbs with that plastic clip/harness on it? Whats the number for this if it is so?

Guest Anonymous

I think it is a 194 bulb. I know when i dismantled the 92 cluster there are all 194 bulbs hooked into a giant chip on the back; they go on and off as needed w.o wires. I'd take it apart and check.

I haven't had my Regal's cluster out yet (same as the GP) but the cluster in my 92 LeSabre used tiny bulbs (not sure of the number) that were about 1/4 the size of a 194 for the warning lights and 194's for the illumination. I just looked at a spare bulb and it says "GE 74" on it, so I'm sure your cluster probably has both 194's and 74's in it...

So I don't need to find ones with those plastic deals on the ends? I recall pulling some out of a Blazer and there was no way to replace just the bulbs... they were 194 bulbs.. but had to come with that thing on the end.