Cleaning the engine*UPDATE*

Bruticus

• 2 weeks later...

Ok a lil Update over the past weekend i hosed her down. I cant complain got alot of grime and nasty stuff off her just doesnt look right looks like imma resort to painting it :? . So any suggestions on this good old spray paint and a mask. WHat kind of paint do u guys recommend.

Damn did u paint it at all or strickly put yur back into that cleaning job ? :shock:

me? no paint, just lots of degreaser and sanding. at some point though when I finally get around to pulling the plenum to change the PCV I want to paint it (the plenum) black, leaving the lettering silver though.

I dunno.. you'd have to private message no1kicker and ask him. I'm personally not fond of it.. too bright

Damn did u paint it at all or strickly put yur back into that cleaning job ? :shock:

me? no paint, just lots of degreaser and sanding. at some point though when I finally get around to pulling the plenum to change the PCV I want to paint it (the plenum) black, leaving the lettering silver though.

What kind of degreasers did u use ???

What kind of degreasers did u use ???

The first can of stuff I got was a big yellow/red areosol can, I THINK the brand was "Snaps" or something like that :? I heart Purple Power works good too so I grabbed a spray bottle of that, I'd go ahead and try that first since it's supposed to be biodegradable.

GUNK! its great stuff but REALLY nasty, so when you do i tmake sure you do it over gravel b/c the crud that falls off will stain any concrete surface

GUNK! its great stuff but REALLY nasty, so when you do i tmake sure you do it over gravel b/c the crud that falls off will stain any concrete surface

Ok imma do it in the street since i dont own a house i have this kool connection for the fire hydrant that allows me to connect a garden hose to it. :lol: Ill just waste some city water on that then. :wink: