URGENT- cluster issues

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Im in the middle of a cluster swap.

I have a TGP cluster and a 3.4 sport cluster... 3.4 is a 92 and TGP a 90. I have the face off but not the gizmo's for the dials behind the facing. Can I leave the gizmos for the dials on and change the backing so that the TGP cluster works where the 3.4 one was? For now i need the battery to operate on the turbo dial (long sttory, tell later), and i didnt know if the dial gizmo would fry or not... i know the giant chip in the back will but was hoping could leave the dial gizmos the way tthey are, attched to the facing and swap the facing. PLEASE help, i cant put this project on hold!

Ross Ross Ross,

If I were you, I would not Mess with that TGP Cluster. OPut it in a box , mark it and save it, for when you get you TGP Drivetrain to install into the GP.... If you dont do as I say.. You'll be KICKING your OWN ASS a couple years from now... Trust me on this..... TGP Clusters are only going to get rarer and rarer...

I'll give you $200 if you let me propane it. Kill two birds with one stone. No more car to waste money on and no more bitching about the "Petty Edition" in every post.

you touch that car and i will kill you and feed your mangled carcass to spiders and rabid seagulls

rabid seagulls?? :shock: :lol: Ohh right. supposed to be worst than a couple pit bulls in a good mood right?

Guest Anonymous
TGP Clusters are only going to get rarer and rarer...

Hmmm.... I have two. :D

IN Working Condidtion?

Yes. The one that came out of my car needs a trip counter though. It acts like the gears are stripped. The other one works perfect.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, rabid seagulls. Have you ever watched them in action? This is what I have seen:

They swwop down to the water and take giant mollusks from the ocean, fly high up above the parkinbg lot, drop the clam so it shatters on the pavement, and then slurp up the slithering organism inside. Then, they raid someone's beach bag, eat all the food, and then fly off with the woman's jacket and beach towel.

Dude, STOP fucking with that goddamn car. FIX the 3.4 before you do anything else. I'm tired of hearing you bitch about it not running, yet you're fucking with A TURBO CLUSTER. Nevermind the small fact the non-running engine DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A TURBO. Jesus Christ. Just fuck the cluster. Fuck everything else and just forget about it until you fix that engine.

Dude, STOP fucking with that goddamn car. FIX the 3.4 before you do anything else. I'm tired of hearing you bitch about it not running, yet you're fucking with A TURBO CLUSTER. Nevermind the small fact the non-running engine DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A TURBO. Jesus Christ. Just fuck the cluster. Fuck everything else and just forget about it until you fix that engine.

Ahem,

In other words I think what Shaun is trying to say is .. Set some prorities.

:lol:

I concur.

Guest Anonymous
insurance for what a non running car...and there you go again with the bitching

Hence my line in the sig, the compulsive complainer :lol:

you should see what I do to the people at work... and the lady that gave me the car... and the mechanic who worked on it last...

I know its bad, I just tell people to ignore the bitching becuase its mostly useless jargin, I have nothing else to discuss besides my engine woes and hopes and dreams for a car with a blown engine

Guest Anonymous

If you would like to come up here to fix it digital, I'll pay you. Right now I dont have the resources to do the m ajor engine work it needs; hopefully within the next year i will. Until then, I sit there looking at it wondering what to do. All of the mechaincs here hate the 3.4, and the one guy who works on them kicked me out of his shop becuase he wanted the car (there were 3 of us fighting over it.)

Guest Anonymous

the timing belt pully broke off when she was passing someone on the highway, afte rthat was repaired the car was driven for three years with the HG blown. If the engine is hot the car doesnt start. When it does, it shoots out white smoke from the exhaust and the engine shakes alot... and the exhust chugs and it runs very rough.