Dash removal: Lumina

slick

Ok, I have a picture(borrowed from another car) of what i want to take out of my car. So, please, somebody, how do you take it out??? I know that when you open the doors, it wraps around there.

post-14-1093122030.jpg

That "piece" is part of the instrument panel "carrier" (I think that's what it's called).

To remove it, you'll be removing the entire dash out of the car.

Yeah, thats what i figured.

So, how do i remove it?

Damn, I wouldn't even know. That piece seems to be pretty stationary. The only removeable parts are the dash pieces and the top part of the dash that has the speaker grilles in it. Good luck with that man! :)

well, you remove the radio, then the trim pieces. then take the panels off below the steering wheel and the black one on the pass. side. after removing the trim, between the passanger side vents, there are 2 7mm screws that hold the fuse cluster. remove those, then there are 2 more at the bottom of it, at an angle, remove them, too. take the dash pad off and you'll see 10mm bolts along the op of the dash, and a few 7mm and 5.5mms. along each side, on the bittom, there are 1 10mm bolt, remove them. then you'll need a 13mm to drop the steering column. the bolts are on a U shaped bracket, you'll see them. then, under where the gauge cluster sits, you see to ends of 7mm screws, look above the lowered column and you can see the 7mm, remove. after all the screws are removed and the column dropped, you can pull the dash out. when i did it, it seemd that theres something else holding it back. so if anyone knows what else needed to be done, do tell.

it didnt take too long, 15-30 minutes. is it just the vinyl padding that you want off? if so, just pull it off the hard plastic, found that out the hard way :oops: the only thing i dreaded was putting it all back together. the main thing is to section off the screws, like where they go and what not.