CVT for a W-body?

optimusprime

Hey all, I'm on another board chatting with a person that owns a '94 GP that is claiming to have a CVT tranny, a turbo off a forklift (h16 I believe) and a carbon fiber transverse spring among other things. Is this even possible? If this is complete BS I hope you all get a laugh because it sounds like BS to me.

HAH! There's not even a CVT tranny out that I'm aware of that can handle the torque of a V6. They're all behind tiny 4-bangers.

What kind of mental deficient would even make up such silly stories? :shrug:

HAH! There's not even a CVT tranny out that I'm aware of that can handle the torque of a V6. They're all behind tiny 4-bangers.

What kind of mental deficient would even make up such silly stories? :shrug:

The new Saturn Vue has a CVT coupled with a V6.

I have heard of using forklift turbos on a gas car.... the rest, who knows. People do some crazy shit to their cars. I saw a dodge truck in a salvage yard once with a 401 buick nailhead engine in it.

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like complete BS to me too. I guess I need to hang out where people actually know what they're talking about exist.

About the CVT, I don't think Saturn uses one in the V6 Vues. I just drove one about a month ago and it was a 5spd auto (that Honda V6 has some get up and go for sure). I know the 4 cylinder uses a CVT. But I belive Audi/Volkswagen has a CVT mated up to a V6.