Chime Module

Daves1995GTP

Guest Anonymous
it ought to be under the dash on the passenger side, just a black box with holes for the speaker in it

:withstupid: but it could be red instead of black.

it ought to be under the dash on the passenger side, just a black box with holes for the speaker in it

:withstupid: but it could be red instead of black.

Or white. the one in my lumina was white.

It could be Black, Burgundy, or Tan. I worked at a factory that made chime modules (mainly for Ford, but we made some for GM from 90-96-ish.) Those were the colors of the GM chime modules. And BTW, they didn't have a speaker, but a transducer (a small coil that made a "pole piece" vibrate against a thin, round metal disc...) I remember the part numbers were "745" and "794" (at least that's what we refered to them as.) I recall we made chimes for Jeeps that were very similar to the GM 745's, and they (Chrysler) dropped the part because chimes weren't macho enough sounding for Jeeps...

Be thankful its not a mid 80's chrysler. I looked at one at an auction once, it said" The door is ajar" over and over until you closed it. it got damn annoying.

I think we have "Knight Rider" to thank for that! About 20 years ago I had a neighbor who's dad had a Nissan Maxima that had the voice warnings, so Chrysler wasn't the only "offender."

I rode in a 90 Nissan Maxima once. It went : ding-ding, ding-ding, it was rather pleasant. Except when it is upside down in a ditch going, ding-ding for a good 45 minutes.

It could be Black, Burgundy, or Tan.

mine's mint green...

Wow! I guess where I worked only made a small percentage of the Chimes for GM. Those were the colors of the housings we had...

a friend of mines ex had a old new yorker, and she told me the talking computer was sorta senile like it would give the low fuel warning at 3/4 a tank and stuff like that, he hated it, she edventually read the manual and figgured out how to disable it but never told him :lol: