just got a new car

Lumina_z34

i drive my Supreme because I had a choice between that, or a slow as fucking shit '87 3.8 Thunderbird. sure, the Tbird is rwd, but it is a PHORD, and it just doesn't run right. never has, as long as we own it. funny thing is, nobody seems to know what's wrong with it. just idles like total shit, and lacks any sort of power at any speed. plus, the trans won't hold a gear between 40-55 mph. it constantly hunts between 3rd and 4th. all the PHORD people i've talked to say "that's normal" that's the reply from PHORD when a PHORD has a problem

anyways, i don't have enough money to buy a car i'd really want. not that i hate my CS, if i did, i wouldn't drive it. it just isn't a car i'd buy again. it runs great, but that's because of all the wrench time and money on parts i've dumped into it. i just hate those goddamn brakes. after 18 rotors, the brake pedal still pulsates!!!!!!!! if it's a hub, fuck it, i'm not dumping any more of my money into the brake system of this car.

i just love working on fwd cars. :roll: so much room to access everything :roll: older rwd cars are so much easier to maintian, and parts are cheap. i don't know why anybody would hate them.

btw, i know how to drive rwd in the snow. i live in Michigan, in case you haven't noticed. :lol: i learned to drive in rwd cars, don't really see why people have a problem driving them in the snow. i just don't try to fuck around and show off when i drive the Tbird or my pop's 2wd Silverado in the snow. the Tbird has an open diff, and dry-rotted piece of shit Cooper tires too. never gotten stuck or lost control, like some of you guys may. not my problem some of you guys can't control your cars in the snow.

btw, i know how to drive rwd in the snow. i live in Michigan, in case you haven't noticed. :lol: i learned to drive in rwd cars, don't really see why people have a problem driving them in the snow. i just don't try to fuck around and show off when i drive the Tbird or my pop's 2wd Silverado in the snow. the Tbird has an open diff, and dry-rotted piece of shit Cooper tires too. never gotten stuck or lost control, like some of you guys may. not my problem some of you guys can't control your cars in the snow.

You forgot to mention the 600lbs of weight you put over the rear wheels.

If you claim you can drive those cars with NO weight in the rear and get around as easily as an FWD car, I call :bs:

My truck absolutely can't even get up the driveway in 2WD with even a light layer of snow.

You forgot to mention the 600lbs of weight you put over the rear wheels.

If you claim you can drive those cars with NO weight in the rear and get around as easily as an FWD car, I call :bs:

My truck absolutely can't even get up the driveway in 2WD with even a light layer of snow.

not 600 lbs. in the Tbird, i throw in 4 25 lb bags of cat litter. 100 lbs. never said i didn't put any weight in that car. i don't add any weight to the Silverado, as it has a couple hundred pounds of tools and plumbing and electrical equipment in the back. well, it used to, but we cleaned it out a couple of weeks ago. i'm sure it wil have weight in there this winter. It spins the tires like a mofo in snow or ice, but i've never gotten stuck.

going up the driveway, it's easier for me if i go straight in over backing in.

our Econoline totally sucked ass in the snow, it was very difficult to go up the driveway in any sort of snow. on an icey snow mix, it was very hard to keep the back end straight over 25 or 30. it had a limited-slip diff too. the T-bird and my pop's Silverado are much better in the snow. your truck is a half ton, we have a 2500 HD, which weighs more, and it has positraction. maybe that's why you have snow problems and i don't.

call bull shit if you want, i really don't care. name another post where i "bull shitted" :roll:

i had no problem drivng my Nissan 240SX in the snow...

as long as the snow didn't get deeper then the bottom of the car i was fine...

no weight in the back either

Well, since you admit you have to add weight, I'll believe you.

My stepdad adds... I dunno, 400-600lbs to his 2WD fullsize GMC which has 275-wide low-profile street tires and he gets around just fine in it. No weight = no go.

Weight and skinny tires that cut through snow are the magic to getting around in a RWD in snow, but one of the huge reasons people buy FWD's is because they don't want to bother with weight.

Just ask any woman or suit-wearing preppy man whether they'd rather have to toss a few hundred pounds of weight into the rear of a RWD car or just jump into a FWD without doing anything, and I bet they'll pick the FWD.

i'm not a preppy boy. i'm an apartment complex maintence man. i haven't worn a suit 5 times in my life :lol:

you want tires that say M+S on them too. street performance tires won't have a chance in snow, which is why none of our cars have them.