just got a new car

Lumina_z34

I m getting a 98 Buick Regal GS with the surpercharged 3.8 I will be picking it up this Saturday. It is dark green with 82,000 miles and i will be paying $7250.

here is the only pic I have right now their will be more by next week.

2G4WF5218W1536862.jpg

good to see a GS

maybe some of our hardass GTP owners will realize that Regals had the exact same motor for a change

Huh, what?????? Regals have the same motor?!?!?!?! No!!!! :wink: There's a shitload of people over at clubgp w/ supercharged Regals, etc and then there's RegalGS.org for Regals specifically.

Hardass gtp owners???????? I don't recall us gtp owners being hardass's or hating the regal. I think its a nice car I would just rather have a gtp.

didn't mean that towards every GTP owner, but many GTP owners think their cars are totally badass and can kick the shit out of anything else on the road. Kind of like the typical Mustang owner. I've yet to meet a GS owner with that attidude.

i'd take a Buick over a Pontiac anyday. I could care less about "sports appeal" as i don't care for the styling for '97+ GP's. like blown up GA's. anyways, Buicks have more class.

no fwd V-6 is badass

sure, some may be fast, but not badass.

badass is a GM or Chrysler muscle car that can destroy a set of polyglas or wide ovals in the length of a parking lot

Riviera's also have the same motor.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a riviera. My boss has a 1998(FYI last year made). That has to be one of the nicest cars I've ever set my ass in and drove....

no fwd V-6 is badass

sure, some may be fast, but not badass.

badass is a GM or Chrysler muscle car that can destroy a set of polyglas or wide ovals in the length of a parking lot

I know of a lot of people who'd disagree. I don't hate the RWD cars of old, but I'm not really partial to them. They aren't the sleekest things on the road, most are rust buckets, and I guess it's just not what I enjoy.

If you hate FWD so much, why are you driving a FWD Cutlass Supreme? The way you talk, I'd have expected you to have a G-body Cutty by now.

If you hate FWD so much, why are you driving a FWD Cutlass Supreme? The way you talk, I'd have expected you to have a G-body Cutty by now.

I feel the same way! :lol:

I m getting a 98 Buick Regal GS with the surpercharged 3.8 I will be picking it up this Saturday. It is dark green with 82,000 miles and i will be paying $7250.
That seems kinda steep for a 98, even with under 100k on it. If it were me, Ida offered the guy $6500, but that's just me. Buicks don't tend to hold their resale value very well due to the "Grey Hair" stigma, so IMHO there's no reason not to haggle with the seller over the price...

:werd: It's not like those unsafe, boxy rustbuckets have particularly good resale (rare limited edition Hurst or GN's being the exception). He oughtta sell that Cutlass for $1000, buy an old G-body for $300, and put the other $700 into a few buckets of Bondo and primer to fix it up.

:werd: It's not like those unsafe, boxy rustbuckets have particularly good resale (rare limited edition Hurst or GN's being the exception). He oughtta sell that Cutlass for $1000, buy an old G-body for $300, and put the other $700 into a few buckets of Bondo and primer to fix it up.

Exactly and then have fun driving that rwd in the winter!

yea have to agree there are alot of GTP owners who think theyre on top of the world and no other car stands up to their mighty GTP. IMO a very few Fwd cars are badass. give me a tire eating rwd 60/70s muscle car, then its badass.

Exactly and then have fun driving that rwd in the winter!

say what you will for long but my buddy with a gtp claims its hell in the winter when your pushing almost 300hp at the wheels

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a riviera. My boss has a 1998(FYI last year made). That has to be one of the nicest cars I've ever set my ass in and drove....

actually, 99 was the last year, but they only made about 2000. as far as i know, im the only riv on here and one of three on clubgp

99e3.jpg?ph2xQJBB.G2QqOAG

3476.jpg?ph2xQJBBnDKZyinw