Did I just pay for HEADACHES?

gmrulz4u

I took my 89 Supreme to get a complete interior shampoo/steam clean as well as an engine de-grease/shampoo.

They had the car from 8am-5:30pm, which I already knew as I had taken it to the same place 2 years ago.

When I went to pick-up the car I was amazed! The interior looked AMAZING! The seat belts, which had always looked disgusting due to the previous owner, looked brand-new!! The engine looked totally clean and shiny! I was SO happy...

Then, tonight, I realized that first, my alarm system is messed-up. After the alarm is on for like 30 seconds, the shock sensor starts going off and my pager starts beeping!? So now I have to try and sleep knowing that my amplifiers, subs, LCD screens, DVD player etc. are all up for grabs, and my pager alarm is inactive.

Then, and worst of all, I notice that my drivers-side power window no longer works!!!?? This totally pisses me off because every morning I pull into work I have to grab a parking stub and obviously need my window down in order to do so!

I also noticed that for no reason my "FASTEN SEAT BELTS" light will all-of-a-sudden light-up by itself while driving!? Or, it won't light-up COMPLETELY, but you can see it at like half brightness!!??

I know that the interior is not 100% dry as of yet, and therefore I'm hoping that all these problems will be solved in the morning once everything is completely dry. But I still posted here just to get some advice. Specifically with regards to the drivers window, do you think it's just a wet wire or something? I mean, the window worked fine this morning when I brought it to them, so obviously the window motor couldn't have just suddenly stopped working, right?

Any advice or input?

I am going to call the guy that did the cleaning tomorrow morning to see what he thinks...

THANKS GUYS!:)

Well yeah...I assumed something like that...

They actually cleaned the door jams REALLY good...they look totally awsome...but maybe they interfered with some wiring in there?

Yeah but could it fry the switch and still allow the passenger side to work perfectly?

Also, my alarm is hooked-up to the windows and I can roll them up or down with my remote...but now I can't do anything with the drivers side window...so I think that rules out the switch, doesn't it?

water is probably in the seat belt sensor and water probably fried the switch also. As for the alarm check under the hood at all the aftermarket connectors that could have been messed up due to the cleaning

2nd of all Dude take the fucking car back to that place and bitch, a car should never be returned like that and if it is by mistake it will be corrected. be nice at first then get ugly if needed.

Yeah but could it fry the switch and still allow the passenger side to work perfectly?

That's how it is on my '95.. the master switch operates the passenger side but the drivers side is dead.. still working on the problem (not sure if its really the switch or what :confused:)

Well, here's an update!

The "FASTEN SEAT BELTS" light is back to normal. The drivers-side window is basically back to normal and working fine...

BUT, I get up this morning to go to work and my engine doesn't even turn over!! Why? The battery is COMPLETELY drained! Absolutely dead! My digital dash doesn't even move 1-bar!!

I got the guy that did the cleaning and engine shampoo to come by and try to boost me, but that wasn't even working! The voltage would go up to 5-bars, but there wasn't enough "juice" to actually get the engine started!

The battery is an Interstate Megatron and isn't even that old, maybe 1 year. The alternator is brand-new, starter is brand-new, etc.

I got the guy to drive me to work because I think we would have had to wait at least 10 minutes to get my battery "juiced up" enough, and I was already late for work.

I don't think I left any lights on or anything...so I don't know what the heck is going on...there wasn't even enough juice for the horn to work or even the power door locks!

sounds to me like he wasnt very careful when he cleaned the engine and ended up grounding the battery some how and making it drain. You may want to give it a deep cycle when you recharge.

It's probably too much shampoo soaked through the carpet. The shampoo probably has some alkaline qualities to it, and is causing a short. It may stop after it dries.

I would be concerned, because an electrolytic reaction in a connector will cause any positively charged electrical terminals to corrode quickly.

In other words, the answer to your subjectline could very well be, "YES, you DID pay for headaches".

Anytime I pay to get anything done, there's almost always something I'm dissatisfied with. That's why I do everything myself... and also another reason why I never get anything done.

as someone with lots of experence dealing with detailers, I strongly recomend you clean your own car. I've seen some of therse so called "detailers" do shit like hose the paint in armor all, a big no no. anyone who paints cars can explain that one for you. lol