Possible Track Visit Friday night

topless94style

Ive never been to a track and raced, so I am kinda nervous. This isnt a straight shot 1/4 track, its an oval track but it is a 1/4 mile. Its out at Elko speedway for you MN guys, I am just nervous of putting the car into the wall. Anyone know any tips for oval track racing? My car is a boat as it is, it has monroe struts and i think i can find my Blaze Performance STB someplace to put on but thats about all i got to help me through the turns. I just dont want to loose it going in or coming out of the turns and throw the beast into a wall. Cant imagine that would be covered under insurance :lol: . Ive never been to the track either, but the racing starts at 730 and the track opens at 430 for practice. I might go just to practice and see how I do. Ill probably empty out as much stuff as I possibly can to lighten up the car a bit. From what I hear, huge ass cars from the 70s dont have much of a problem taken the turns at 40-50mph but they get some mad tire squeelage. Also, 4-500hp cars are only running 14-15seconds because its an oval track.

If anyone has any advice; including advising me against this; anything is appreciated.

I dunno about running next to other people. I would be worried about them running into my car.

Forgot to mention, you race against one other person not a bunch of people.