Power Moonroof?? What the Hell??

firefighter_0029

Now from what I understand, the moonroofs weren't installed at the factory, but at ASC. The auto industry in general makes for some strange bedfellows, doesn't it? You want to talk "bastardization," no automaker was more basterdized than AMC. Their cars had parts in them that were supplied from all the Big 3: Ford carburators, Chrysler transmissions, GM steering columns, etc etc, so a VW motor in a GM moonroof doesn't surprise me too much...

Oh, and to answer the question, I haven't had my moonroof apart yet so I have no idea, but I'll let you know whenever I do take it apart :D ...

The factory ones are installed in the factory. Some cars like 90-94 Luminas never got moonroofs as an option so all those are installed aftermarket, usually ASC brand moonroofs.

I don't know if factory ones got VW motors or not, I don't remember seeing VW on my TGP's factory moonroof motor, but I didn't really pay that much attention to it either.

Are all moonroofs in GM cars the same??

There is a near mint Cutlass Ciera International at the junkyard near me that has a moonroof that is in far better shape than the one in my GP.

Are all GM moonroofs the same?? Did GM use the same company for all of them??

My moonroof is badly rusted inside and the glass is scratched up and the weatherstripping is loose.

Any chances here??

Thanks. Phil.

Measure the width and length of the roof to make sure. I think all w-bodies are the same. Me and turby are gonna try and take one out of a grand prix for my GS

They are all the same if they're factory.

Non-factory ones will have a border around the opening. The opening is stamped into the roof itself with no border if it's factory.

Guest Anonymous
Well aren't you the grammar king!!

And dammit, I wish I had a power moonroof. I don't like my flip up anymore.

Yes I am.

I have another power sunroof if you're ever interested.