My new APC Honda Civic Cold Air Intake on my Grand Prix!!!!!

fierofanatic

:lol: Saw the tech article about modifying one to work for the 3100, but I had a 3.1, Still worked, just have to cut down the pipe 3", and buy better clamps, because the hose clamps provided are junk, only problem I have now, I have to get a better rubber boot between the throttle body to the tube, because the one provided is like a step up convertor, the pipe is a lot bigger than the civic throttle body. The end thats suppoased to go on the pipe was flipped around and is clamped on the tb, but the smaller end was put into the pipe, and duck taped and clamped for now. There actually is a little bit of difference. My car does accelerate a lot faster now, at least what my ass feels in the seat compared from stock. And when I'm accelerating past 4k RPM's, it actually sounds like a supercharger whining up.... Don't understand why they're cold air intakes when they're inside a 150 degree engine compartment. I made the mistake of grabbing the pipe after driving for a while, that puppy burned my hand..... I also bought a bra for my car....

Total cost:

$89 for the bra

$53 for the C.A.I.

The C.A.I. shoulda been $10 for the quality, but surprisgingly walmart's was $20 cheaper than the exact same one available at Advance auto parts.

I'm actually thinking about using the factory boot between the tb and air box to extend the pipe, so I can put the filter towards the bottom of the engine compartment, then maybe wrap it with heat tape... Would that make it better?

I'm actually thinking about using the factory boot between the tb and air box to extend the pipe, so I can put the filter towards the bottom of the engine compartment, then maybe wrap it with heat tape... Would that make it better?

naw, you have a bigger air filter, thats it, a true CAI is completly outta the engine bay (fender well or behind the nose), if ya air filter is in the engine bay, your going 2 be sucking crossover heat. cut a hole in the hood and stick the air filter out, TRUE FRESH AIR